We appreciate the many requests for information about performing at the Orkney Storytelling Festival. We’d love to invite you all. The reality is that our desired storytelling style is narrow and the number of people we can invite is very limited, as are our funds.
However, if you meet the criteria below, we’d be happy to hear from you. If we’re interested, we’ll be in touch.
Ideally, you would be:
- a UK-based storyteller
- with a traditional style of storytelling (folklore, local tales, traditional tales, myths, etc.)
- with professional experience
- with references/ recommendations
- and a short video of you performing in front of an audience (a phone video will do just fine, as long as we can hear and see it.)
We are only looking for storytellers who fit the above guidelines and who are happy to participate in multi-performer events. Any additional events held during the year are strictly voluntary, for fundraising.
To save us all time, here’s an idea of events that we do not host:
- confessional/personal storytelling
- comedy acts
- one-person shows
- theatrical performances
- book/poetry readings
Due to high volume of emails, we can only reply to people who fill in this form. We will put you on the list of people to consider for future festivals. We’re only able to select two storytellers each year, so please don’t be wounded if we don’t contact you.
Other venues you might want to try:
- for other types of performances: https://www.facebook.com/orkneyartssociety/ , https://www.pickaquoy.co.uk/ and http://www.orkneytheatre.co.uk/
Best wishes from all of us at the Orcadian Story Trust.